CERTIFICATION AND DIPLOMA PROGRAM
Starting in 2015-16 and continuing onward, the CAM offers for the benefit of its Exam Track and Competition Preparation Track students the opportunity to receive certificates and a graduation diploma. Exam and Competition students may, each year, receive a certificate of completion. To receive the certificate, students must:
- complete all requirements set forth by the student’s primary instructor (set by the end of September);
- participate in both exams in December and April;
- successfully perform in two or more recital events (not including the Honors Recital);
- successfully participate in one or more outside festival or competitive event;
- attend and observe five or more live professional classical concerts during the academic year (at least three (3) CAM-sponsored performance events, and at least two (2) outside events);
- be accepted AND participate in the Honors Recital.
Students are awarded certificates at the end of the Honors Recital and must be present to accept the honor. Graduating performers who have successfully completed a number of consecutive years (minimum three (3) years in a row) as Exam Track or Competition Preparation students are eligible to receive a Chopin Academy of Music Performance Diploma. Students may be required to pass final written or practical exams in order to demonstrate a minimum required competency.